For Pasta Dough:
- 1½ cups Wheat flour/Atta
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs (at room temperature)
- Water as required
- 2 tsp Vanilla Matcha Powder
- For Cooking Pasta:
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Cheddar cheese (grated)
- Salt to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 tsp White peppercorns (crushed)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Parsley (chopped)
For Pasta Dough
- In a bowl mix flour, salt, and vanilla matcha powder. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Add the eggs to the well, start mixing and kneading the dough by using your fingers. Knead the dough for 3 minutes, and add a little amount of water if the dough is not holding its shape. Knead well until smooth and lump-free, cover the dough and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After the resting time the dough will become soft, now divide the dough into two equal portions. On a lightly floured surface (kitchen counter works best) start rolling one portion of dough, keep the thickness of the pasta sheet similar like a roti. With the help of a pizza cutter cut the pasta sheets into strips. Leave the pasta for the next 30 minutes to dry out a little bit at room temperature.
- Now in a deep bottomed pan add water and 1 tbsp of vegetable/olive oil. Add the pasta when the water becomes hot, boil for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Drain the pasta, and keep aside.
For Cooking the pasta
- In a frying pan add the walnuts, keep stirring and toasting over medium heat until fragrant (care should be taken not to burn them). Remove and keep aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a frying pan (nonstick preferably) over medium heat, temper with crushed white peppercorns. Add pasta, salt, Italian seasoning, and cheddar cheese. Stir to coat nicely and cook for a minute or two. Mix in the toasted walnuts, remove from the heat and transfer to the plates.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, serve immediately.