4 tbsp butter
200 g button mushrooms (sliced)
5-6 cloves garlic (minced)
1 large onion (finely chopped)
6-7 pcs dried mushrooms (I used shitake)
2 tsps Canton black tea leaves
3 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 cup brown rice (washed)
4-5 cups water
100 g parmesan cheese
50 g grated processed cheese
½ cup fresh cream
salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, simmer the dried mushrooms in water till the water is flavored with mushrooms and the mushrooms rehydrate (around 7-10 minutes).
- Remove the mushroom and chop into small pcs. In the same mushroom-flavored broth, add tea leaves and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Drain and discard the tea leaves. Reserve the water to make the risotto (keep warm).
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp butter. Add sliced button mushrooms and cook on high flame till mushrooms are cooked through around 3-4 minutes). Remove mushrooms from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat the rest of the butter. Add the garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes. Add oregano and chilli flakes. Add the washed rice and cook for 2 minutes or so.
- Now, add mushroom broth 1 cup at a time into the rice and keep cooking. Keep adding more broth as needed. Add salt to season.
- Repeat this process till the rice is cooked 70%. Add the sautéed button mushrooms and chopped shitake mushroom.
- Finally add both grated cheese (parmesan and processed) and fresh cream. Mix well.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Add more broth if required and cook till rice is cooked through. Serve hot.