2 cups all-purpose flour (Maida)
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon Istanbul tea leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
2/3 cup milk
Oil for frying doughnuts
1 medium-size apple
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons of Istanbul tea concoction
1 tablespoon berry sauce
1 tablespoon rose petals
- For activating the yeast, take warm milk, add 1 tablespoon of Istanbul tea leaves to it and bring it to a boil. Strain the tea and then add sugar and mix it well. Add the instant dry yeast and mix it again. Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Take all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl and add salt to it. Mix it well and add the activated yeast mixture into this batter and make a sticky dough-like bread. Grease it with butter and keep it in a warm place for 1 hour or until the mixture becomes double in size.
- Punch down the dough to release the air.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut the doughnuts using a 3-3.5 inch doughnut cutter.
- Deep fry the Doughnuts one by one on low flame until it turns golden in color.
- Take finely chopped apple and sugar in a pan and cook it on low flame until it turns saucy in texture. Add berry sauce to it, some rose petals, and Istanbul tea concoction for flavor. Cook it for 2 minutes and switch off the flame.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature and blend this sauce using a blender. Your doughnut sauce is ready to use. Enjoy!